Friday, November 1, 2013

The Continued Beginning...

Year 2-3:
I obviously don't remember much of these years since I was small/young/little?? I was hoping to find some pictures to go in these but my days take over and I have not dug them out of the closet where I suspect those things are hiding.
The things I do remember is going to preschool, a cute little place in Franklin NJ. I cannot for the life of me tell you the name of the place and I only remember 3 of my classmates. John Ferdinand, Tricia Black and Tara Dolberry. Thanks to the wonderful invention of the computer and social media I still occasionally talk with Tricia and Tara and they both ended up going to the same High School as me so I saw them there too. John???? Not a clue. lol. He did live up the road from me growing up but not sure how he made out as an adult or where he ended up... Hope its not jail or a mental asylum.. :o) I do remember writing backwards when I first started and they thought that was a problem. A story my mom has never passed on the chance to share with people was when I told my preschool teacher that my mom wore diapers.. She was not pleased with that, but I guess I must have seen her pads for her monthly visitor and as a small child just assumed.. and shared.. Sorry Mom...Kids say the darndest things. lol.
I remember spending time in the Summers swimming at Heaters Pond. I remember learning how to swim from my Dad.. well at first then they had me take lessons.
Much past that I sometimes have memories of being with my cousins but they are very vague. Too much time having fun as a teen may have wiped some of those memories out.

Year 4-5:
I started Kindergarten at 4 since my birthday is October my parents thought it best to push me through early...Thanks for that. I grew up the youngest in my class for my entire educational career. Kindergarten was for me from what I can remember a bit scary. Mrs. McCloud was tall with large dark hair atop her head and big plastic framed glasses. She made me very nervous, her strict and serious demeanor always had me on edge. As I grew older and moved past her class I didn't feel the same way exactly and now as an adult when I have seen her I haven't felt that way but the memory of that feeling always stirs itself back up and for a brief second I am that scared 4-5 year old.

I am not going to take you through my life year by year but I figured a little background is always helpful. The posts of the future will be random thoughts and most likely rants of my day and the trials and tribulations of my life both past, present and future. Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment